poached egg with carrots, baby spinach, apple, and romano cheese on seasoned baked polenta.
tube of precooked polenta
1/2 c. fresh baby spinach
1 large green apple
3/4 c. shredded carrots
pecorino romano cheese
1. Preheat toaster oven (or regular oven) to 300F. Put a large pot or pan of water on high heat. Add 2 T. of vinegar and salt to taste to the water.
2. Slice polenta into 12 1/4 inch slices. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Put in oven.
3. When water boils, turn off the heat and crack the four eggs into the water in four different corners. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how you like your yolk.
4. While eggs are poaching, use a sharp knife to shave pieces of the romano cheese. There should be about half a cup.
5. Also while the eggs are poaching, slice the apple in 1/8 inch thin slices.
6. Take out polenta. Arrange three on each plate, so one is overlapping the other in a circle. Then arrange a thin layer of romano cheese, a layer of apple, a layer of carrot, and three or four spinach leaves.
7. Remove eggs from water (you may have had to do this already). Put an egg on each plate on top of the spinach (be careful, they’re slippery).
8. Then top each egg with more slivers of cheese and arrange a few carrot shreds on top of that for garnish.
9. Squeeze a quarter of a lime over each plate, making sure to drizzle over everything.
10. Serve carefully (again, slippery those eggs!) and enjoy.