Turkey, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Strata
serves 2 to 4
This recipe is something like a savory bread pudding with breakfast ingredients. It's prepared the night before, then put in the oven for an hour the next morning while you go about your business. I love it on Sunday mornings and holidays.
you will need a bread pan
butter (to grease the pan)
2 1/2 english muffins, halved
8 slices of peppercorn deli turkey, sliced thin
8 slices of white american cheese (from the deli, not kraft singles), sliced thin
8 slices of deli ham, sliced thin
1 cup of milk
1. Grease the pan
2. Put a layer of 2 and a half english muffin halves on the bottom of the pan, nooks and crannies facing up.
3. Put a layer of 4 slices of turkey on top of the english muffins. Put a layer of three to four slices of cheese on the turkey. Put a layer of 4 slices of ham on the cheese. Then put a layer of cheese on the ham.
4. Put another layer of 2 and a half english muffin halves on top of all of that, nooks and crannies facing up.
5. Put another layer of turkey and ham, but no cheese.
6. Mix up the eggs and milk in a glass or bowl, then pour it in the pan over everything.
7. With a spatula, squish down the strata so the egg mixture gets it wet.
8. Cover it and put it in the fridge for at least an hour and up til overnight.
9. The next morning preheat the oven to 350 F. Then put the strata in for an hour. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for ten to fifteen minutes, then serve it from the pan with maple syrup on the side.