Day 1, Dog-Sitting, Dinner:
I realize there is no meat other than cold cuts. Sadness. So instead I whip up some comfort food: a sandwich made with a duo of classic cheeses found in every American kitchen and the ever present apple. Melt it to gooey perfection. Who's homesick?
2 slices of bread (I had whole wheat)
2 slices American cheese
2 slices provolone
1/2 small apple, sliced thin
1 t. creamy honey
1 t. vidalia onion dressing (I had America's Choice)
*note: I am saying olive oil although as of today I cannot find their olive oil and had to make mine with butter. But olive oil would be better.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lay two slices of American cheese out to cover a slice of bread. Lay apple slices on top. Put two slices of provolone on top of apple slices.
- Spread creamy honey and then vidalia dressing on one side of the other piece of bread. Place that side against the cheese.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. When it gets hot enough put sandwich in pan. When one side is lightly golden, flip the sandwich over, give it a minute, then place it in the oven.
- Let bake in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.