Day 1, Dog-Sitting, Breakfast:
Seems like a weird combination, I know. But it's really very good. The pineapple is not a dominant flavor, it just adds a little something. I came up with this while I was house sitting.
splash of milk
1/2 the cottage cheese and pineapple topping of a Breakstone's Cottage Doubles
1/3c. cottage cheese with pineapple
pinch of garlic salt
pinch of dill
pinch of dried chives (fresh would be better, just 2-3 chopped fine)
- Crack eggs in bowl, whisk with milk.
- Heat butter in skillet on low heat. When butter is melted add egg mixture. Stir regularly with wooden spoon or silicon spatula.
- When eggs are almost done add cottage cheese and pineapple. Mix through. Let heat through, allowing eggs to continue cooking, excess moisture to evaporate from cheese, and curds to melt.
- After a few minutes add garlic salt, dill, and chives. Mix.
- When the eggs are done to your liking, remove from heat and serve with toast.