Saturday, September 15, 2007
Peach Plum Tartlettes
This pastry dough recipe was totally grabbed from a Martha Stewart magazine, but the rest of the recipe is my own.
Makes 4 mini tarts
1/2 c. flour, +more for later
1/4 t. sugar
3 T. butter, cut into pieces
1/4 T. vinegar
1/16 c. ice water
1. Pulse flour, sugar in food processor. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add vinegar. Pulse. Add water. Pulse until just combined. Form into disc, cover in plastic wrap and put in fridge for at least one hour.
2. Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Cut into quarters and fit into muffin tins. Cut off excess dough. Poke with fork.
1/2 large ripe peach
1 black plum
1/2 t. fresh grated ginger
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cheek and dice 1/2 a large peach and 1 black plum into 1 cm squares. Leave skins on. Put in bowl.
3. Add ginger and lemon, toss through. Add sugar and mix through. Let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Spoon fruit into pastry cups. Put in oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until pastry shell is cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Enjoy!