Saturday, September 01, 2007
Twice Baked Potato, on the fly
Day 4, dog-sitting, Dinner
I can't believe this. What to eat when there is nothing in the house to cook with? No bread, no veggies... this morning I got excited because I thought I'd found strawberries in the fridge, but they were moldy. I'm not that inventive. But they do have potatoes. So for dinner I made a twice baked potato with what I could find in the fridge and it was really good. Plus, I think it's a version my mom (who can't do sour cream) can eat and would like a lot.
1 small potato
1/2 T. butter, cut up small, room temp
1 large teaspoon cream cheese
1/4 (approx) shredded Gouda cheese
Mrs. Dash original
1. Bake potato at 400 degrees F for 1 hour (or until cooked) on a baking sheet. Let cool about 10 minutes.
2. Mix butter and cream cheese with fork. Cut potato in half, length-wise. Scoop out most of insides, leaving some so that the skins can stand on their own and be "cups".
3. Mix potato with cream cheese/butter until smooth with a fork. Add chili powder, Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to taste.
4. Stir 2/3 of the Gouda cheese into the potato mixture. Spoon potato mixture into the potato cups. Put remaining Gouda on top of cups.
5. Put cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through.