Friday, November 09, 2007
Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Take 1
So. I've never made any gnocchi before, and I made these without a recipe. I used only one sweet potato because that's all I had, but I think next time I would use two for more of a sweet potato flavor. This is a recipe that is still in the works.
1 T Maple Syrup
1. Quarter and steam sweet potato until cooked through. Take off skin and mash the potato in a bowl until smooth. Add ginger and cinnamon to taste, and maple syrup.
2. Once potato is at room temp, and egg and mix through. Start adding flour a little at a time until it becomes a soft, dough-like consistency that you can pick up and roll into a ball.
3. Flour hands and surface. Take one third of dough and roll it into a one inch thick log. Cut pieces off log that are 1/2" thick. If you want, press these pieces with a fork for texture to hold sauce.
4. Boil water.
5. Add dough pieces to water. When they float to the top let them simmer for an extra thirty seconds. Then they're done. Drain from water.
6. While pasta is cooking heat 2T butter, 1/4c. white wine, and 1 t chopped fresh sage is a small saucepan. Toss with gnocchi. Enjoy.