Monday, February 11, 2008
3/4 1 apple, diced, skin on
1/2 small sweet onion, diced
2 1/2- 3 slices turkey bacon
1/2 slice of white cheddar cheese
1/3 T butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cook turkey bacon in skillet. Put on paper towel and set aside.
3. Add a touch of olive oil to skillet and turn heat down to lowest setting. Add onion and allow to cook slowly, stirring occationally.
4. Let puff pastry thaw. Cut two 5" x 5" squares. Cut a 1/4" border halfway through dough.
5. When onions are soft, add apples and turn up heat slightly. Add a drop more oil.
6. When apples are slightly browned, break up bacon into 1/2" pieces and mix in. Turn off heat. Sprinkle in nutmeg. Mix in butter.
7. Spoon mixture onto puff pastry squares inside the border. Break up the cheese and tuck it into places in the mixture.
8. Put squares (on ungreased baking sheet) in oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on rack. Enjoy.