Friday, July 11, 2008

Mache, Raspberry, and Goat Cheese Salad




I have refrained from writing about salads for a long time now, because they seem so simple, but the more I go out and the more I read, the more I realize that tossing together ingredients for salad can be just as confusing as making an entree. It's still all about the combination of tastes and textures, and inspiration is inspiration, so... this is the salad I had at my dinner party the other night. Pretty simple, but tasty.

Serves 8

Ingredients:

3 1/2 c. mache
1 pint raspberries
1/3 c raw slivered almonds
3 T. goat cheese
1 lemon
olive oil
salt and pepper

put mache, raspberries, almonds and goat cheese in a bowl. Toss. Sprinkle with the juice of one lemon, appx 2-3 T. olive oil, and S&P to taste. Toss and serve.

No comments: