Sunday, July 27, 2008
Salami and Romano Mini Quiches
makes appx 4 mini quiches
1 c. heavy cream
1-2 oz. salami, sliced into 1/4" rounds, then chopped into small pieces
3/4 c. grated romano cheese
1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Thaw dough until malleable. Cut into squares. Fit into cupcake tins. Poke bottoms and sides with fork. Fill with parchment paper or foil, weigh down with pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until pastry starts to puff up and get dry.
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl. Mix in cheese. Add S&P to taste. Mix in about 1/8 t. of nutmeg. Fold in salami.
4. Take pastry shells out of oven. Remove parchment/foil and weights. Spoon in egg mixture. Put quiches in oven. Bake another 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden and quiche is solid in middle (will be soft, but not liquid, will not quiver).
5. Remove from oven. Let cool five minutes in cupcake tin. Remove from tin and let cool on racks. Can be served warm, room temp, or cool. Enjoy.