Friday, September 05, 2008

Peach and Fontina Puff Pastry Breakfast


I've been really into puff pastry this year for some reason, I guess I just love the simplicity of it and the possibilities it presents. I fell in love with this flavor combination this week and have been making this sweet/savory pastry for breakfast a lot, though it would work well at any time of day. I've been making it in my toaster oven, since it's still hot here and it's small enough. Trying to be green in a little way.

makes 1

Ingredients:

5 inch square of frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
1/4 peach, sliced thin and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 c. shredded fontina cheese
honey
garlic powder
dill

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put pastry dough on foil or parchment paper on small baking sheet. With a sharp knife, make a 1/2 inch border around the edge of the dough.

2. Place cheese evenly inside border. Place peach slices on top of cheese. Drizzle cheese and peaches with honey (appx 1-2 T). Sprinkle toppings with garlic powder and dill to taste (appx 1/8 t. each).

3. Place tart in oven. Bake until puffed and golden brown, including bottom (appx 15-20 min).

4. Enjoy.

No comments: