Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bread Pudding Cups

I made these by eyeballing it, so this recipe is very approximate in numbers, but came out really well.

makes 6

4-5 slices of good bread
1/2 apple, chopped up quite small
1/3 c. dried currants
1 egg
1/2 c. eggnog

1- grease cupcake molds with butter. Set aside.

2- Tear up bread into small pieces, put in bowl. Add chopped apple and currents to bowl, mix.

3- Whisk eggnog and egg together. Pour over bread mix. Mix together. Add cinnamon and cardamom to taste.

4- Spoon bread mix into cupcake molds. Pour any extra liquid on top. Push bread down in molds with back of spoon and hold for one minute.

5- Cover and put in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.

6- Next morning: Preheat oven to 350 F. Pop pudding cups in oven. Bake until knife comes out clean, appx 30 minutes.

7- Let cool two minutes. Unmold and serve. Enjoy.

Note can be kept until later in the day or even the next day, good hot or cold.


Ingrid said...

Hi, just found your blog! I so admire someone who is able to "wing" it when it comes to cooking and baking. I have a hard time straying from a recipe.

Yum, your bread pudding sounds delish. I love it as well as eggnog and can only imagine they taste even better together!

Lyvvie said...

I'm going to make these! Although I can't buy nog in the shops, but will figure it out. I love the idea.